Cloudforest of Mindo
Two hours northwest of Quito you will find an extreme change in climate and vegetation. Driving via a windy road towards Mindo you will ascend from 2800 m. to 1600 m. and enter the cloud forest.
We will leave the hotel at 8 AM and take you to the fairytale landscapes that comprise the cloud forest. A place for nature and adventure lovers alike you will find a world of things to do and see here. Considered 1 of the 5 most bio-diverse places in the world and especially for those into birding this is a place not to miss!
As it is impossible to see and do everything on this full day tour we advise you to choose a maximum of 3 from the options below:
- On our way to Mindo town we will pass by Inti Nana, an interactive museum located right on the Equator where you can participate in experiments only possible on the Equator and where you will receive an explanation of the various indigenous cultures living in Ecuador.
- A hike to the Pahuma Sacred Waterfalls should not be missed if you are a lover of orchids. Here alone you will find over 200 different types of orchids. Located just an hour out of Quito and right on the way to Mindo.
- Alambi is a paradise for bird lovers. Hummingbirds, Toucans and many more birds can be spotted here. From time to time this is also a good site to see the Andean Spectacled Bear roaming around.
- Chocolate. Who doesn’t love chocolate? Ecuador is a producer of world-class chocolate and in Mindo they have made it their specialty. See what is actually involved in getting those nice treats to your door, from growing, to cultavation, to harvesting, to producing fine products to eat and drink. Something every chocloate lover will appreciate.
- Butterflies, orchids and hummingbirds. Right outside of Mindo we will take you on a tour to see how orchids, hummingbirds and butterlfies all work together in this pristine environment.
- Hiking and ziplining. In and around Mindo you will find some great hikes of easy to moderate level. We will take you on a hike of around 5.6 km (3.5 miles) in which you will be seeing as much as possible of what actually makes up the cloudforest. After the hike you will go ziplining, fly high above the treetops from one place to the other with your choice of 3 or 10 lines.
WHAT YOU GET
- Bilingual guide
- Entrances fees
- Anything not mentioned.
On this active it is important to have with you:
- Good hiking shoes.
- Layers of clothing.
RATES & BOOKING
The minimum amount of people for this tour is 2. In case you have no other people who would like to go with you on this tour,Please give us a call +17073403778 / +593991946532 or send us a message email@example.com to see if we already have others with a reservation.
1 person $250.00 USD
2 people $125.00 USD
3 people $90.00 USD
4 people $85.00 USD
5 people $80.00 USD
Scheduled tour bookings are not confirmed until payment is received ( by Paypal or wire transfer bank*).
In any event, Hidden Secrets strongly advises you to take out travel insurance… its well worth the piece of mind.
We always suggest a call, email or text the day prior to your tour to ensure all your details are as they should be. It is not obligatory, but it helps. If confirmed standard departure tour bookings are cancelled the following fees apply: More than 7 days in advance – 10% of original fee. 3-7 days in advance – 50% of tour cost. Within 72 hours of commencement – refunds will not be available. If changes are made more than 6 days prior to original booking there is no charge.. the rebooked date must be within 2 months.
- Destination:Ecuador, Mindo
- DURATION:Full day