Below is an example of what is possible, please contact us to see what other itineraries are available.
- Flight Quito/Guayaquil to San Cristobal, Galapagos
- Transfer from the airport to Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, the capital of the Galapagos province, where you will check in to your hotel and be taken to lunch. After lunch you will visit the Interpretation Centre just minutes walking outside of town where you will learn more about especially the impact of humans on the islands fragile eco-system
- From the Interpretation Centre you follow the trail outside to Frigate Bird Hill (Tijeretas) where you will see endemic flora and the usual playful and lazy sea lions and where you will hve a chance to snorkle in the beautiful lagoon
- The trail ends at Punta Carola, a small beach where sea lions love to rest and a good place to swim a bit before
- heading back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner.
- In the morning your guide will meet you for a boat tour to Kicker rock (Leon Dormido). A lava rock formation in the middle of the ocean where you will be able to snorkle. Enjoy the clear waters while swimming alongside sea turtles, sea lions, rays and if lucky, hamerhead sharks!
- The tour continues to a small, white sand beach for a relaxed lunch and swimming before heading back to the island
- Rest of the afternnon is free to enjoy.
- A flight to Isabella island in a small plane
- Guided walk to a lagoon where flamingo’s nest and rest
- Visit the tortoise (land turtle) breeding centre where the National Park is doing everything it can to make sure the Galapagos tortoises don’t go extinct
- Lunch in the small beach village of Puerto Villamil
- Tintoreras island with its hundreds of iguanas, penguins (the only ones living on the Equator!) and a lava tunnel where sharks sleep! A great experience here is snorkling with all these amazing creatures.
- A full day with a hike up to the volcanoes of Chico and Sierra Negra. Volcan Chico has the second largest caldera in the world and on a clear day you will be able to enjoy the views of this magnificent crater that meassueres 10 km! Sierra Negra is a very different type of volcano, with its last eruption in 1997 you walk over lava fields where you can spot the sulfur and have incredible views over the island Isabella and Fernandina.
- Leave for Santa Cruz by means of a speed boat
- Visit a ranch in the highlands to see the giant tortoises roam around in the wild
- Cerro Mesa Reserve, the remainders of when Santa Cruz was still a volcanic island
- Lunch at Garrapatero Beach with time for a nice swim
- Back to the hotel.
- Before leaving the Galapagos visit the Charles Darwin Station in Puerto Ayora or go souvenir hunting
- Transfer to the airport on Baltra