We will leave the hotel around 8 AM with a beautiful drive from Quito while experiencing 4 ecosystems on the way, driving on the avenue of the volcanoes to the north.
The Equatorial line goes directly through the glacier of the immense Cayambe volcano which is the highest worldwide point on the Equatorial line and the only place in the world where you can see snow and glaciers exactly on the Equator!
Upon arrival in Otavalo you will have different options of what to do and see with us, we happily advise you on the best choice for your taste. You can choose 3 out of the following options:
- Visit the Equator Line in Cayambe
- Just on Saturday: the animal & farmers market is a unique experience. Drive into local indigenous culture and experience how the Kichwa have been trading for centuries!
- The Otavalo Artisan Market is the largest indigenous market in South America and you will be able to find a great selection of hand-made goods ranging from tapestry to clothing and decorations for your home. A perfect place for souvenir shopping.
- Another option is to see the local Kichwa in action while weaving their tapestry, the designs might seem simple but hold a world of culture and beliefs in them.
- The music demonstration takes you to see local musicians playing their famous Andes panflute music and giving you a demonstration of how the flutes are made. You will have a chance to participate in some dancing and music playing and of course in asking any question you always wanted to ask them. Most of the Otavalo musicians have traveled all over the world, playing on the streets of cities far away from their homes to entertain us and send money back home.
- A cleansing ceremony by a true Shaman is also an option. This ceremony does NOT include an Ayahuasca ceremony but is designed around getting to gain a better insight into the local culture and traditions while at the same time cleansing your body and soul from bad influences. Definitely worthwhile when visiting Ecuador! (minimum 2 hours)
- The crater lake of Cuicocha is also known as the guinea pig lake due to its form. Not only can you enjoy some unique flora, but also enjoy a short walk to learn more about indigenous religion and culture.
WHAT YOU GET
- Bilingual guide.
- Anything not mentioned.
On this active it is important to have with you:
- Good hiking shoes.
- Layers of clothing.
- Photo camera.
RATES & BOOKING
We can do this tour any day of the week. Please give us a call +17073403778 / +593995255781 / Send us a text message by WhatsApp or send us a message email@example.com to make your reservations to know about availability and price for your trip.
Scheduled tour bookings are not confirmed until payment is received ( by Credit card, Paypal, or wire transfer bank*).
In any event, Tour Guide Ecuador strongly advises you to take out travel insurance. It’s well worth the peace of mind.
We always suggest a call, email, or text the day before your tour to ensure all your details are as they should be. It is not obligatory, but it helps.
If confirmed standard departure tour bookings are canceled the following fees apply:
More than 7 days in advance – 10% of the original fee.
3-7 days in advance – 50% of tour cost.
Within 72 hours of commencement – refunds will not be available.
If changes are made more than 6 days before the original booking there is no charge. The rebooked date must be within 2 months.
There are no reviews yet.